Monday, May 19, 2014

Alan Tudyk Mentions Rosie at Con

Alan in a Convention in Australia - Mentions Rosie During Panel July 2008

 

What follows here is a compilation of posts about this event. My friend Fannish  from Australia was there and she sent me a heads up. She posted a video of Alan at a Con in Australia mentioning me attending the taping of a pilot he was in called Four Play. He's talking about the taping and at the end mentions Rosie was there. 

http://vimeo.com/1301927

Rosie on July 09, 2008, 11:36:41 AM

Amazing, incredible and surreal is what it is. Fannish emailed me the news then I had to wait for her to load the clip.


Saxon on July 9, 2008

Can you hear me screaming? Oh*My*Gosh!!!! I absolutely LOVE him. LOVE him...that's all I can say...I also love that you can hear someone (most likely Beth'll) squee when he said your name!

        You are a celeb m'dear! 

        Major *WOOT* time.


Rosie on July 09, 2008, 09:17:39 AM

         I need a swoon smiley.


Spooky on July 09, 2008, 11:43:33 AM

         I was thinking more along the lines

        of a swollen head smiley!  


Rosie on July 09, 2008, 12:11:04 PM

         My head isn't swollen. It’s just big,

         like my smile.  


Saxon on July 09, 2008, 12:14:10 PM

Exactly!! I'll tell ya though, my heart sure felt big when I heard that and saw his face! I'm sorry, but he KNEW when he dropped your name those folks would get it. It wasn't "and then I saw this one fan...Rosie..."

It was..."and then I saw Rosie *squee from crowd*..." then he clarified for those who are not in the know. LOVE IT!

Jessi goes, 'you have tears in your eyes!'...yep!


Saxon on July 09, 2008, 01:35:29 PM

        I think I need me a dose of some

        Firefly/Serenity kinda 'weepy'.


Rosie on July 09, 2008, 06:04:04 PM

        I don't like weepy.


Saxon on: July 09, 2008, 06:38:48 PM

The good kinda happy/sad/nostalgic weepy...like when I saw that vid and saw Alan's face when he said he saw Browncoats in the crowd, and the way he said your name. THAT kinda goose-bumpy, miss the old days, thrill of the idea for new days...weepy! *tears in eyes* SEE!!!  *blink blink*


Rosie on July 09, 2008, 07:07:36 PM

It does look like he's thinking more than he's saying. I sounded to me like he was going to say, "Rosie she my main fan," the made it Rosie she a main fan organizer..." Then he's rubbing his eyes as he talks.

It’s just so cute and weird but good. 

   

Saxon on July 10, 2008 12:04:38 AM

I know what you mean, and I thought the same thing...like, he said it, cuz it meant so much to him to see you there, not just 'some Browncoats', but you, someone who's been there from the beginning...but as he said the words, it was somehow something he couldn't explain in just a few words. I think he did react a bit to the 'squee' in the audience, like, 'yeah, you know who I mean'. heh.

You, my dear are an oddity in a fandom...usually when someone 'has a fan' that is as involved and 'known' for as long as you have been, it's a tad scary and there is a tinge of spooky to it. But with you, it's all good. It's fun and fond memories. You can see that in his actions and reactions with you.

I've been lucky to have had interactions with him because of you! hehe...most of my exchanges with him have been, 'Rosie says Hi', or 'This is from Rosie',  or 'Rosie has something for you...'. hehe. So, I am a bit 'known' by association. I've seen the flicker of recognition on his face, and I swear sometimes it's 'oh, it's Rosie's friend'. heh.

        Thanks for giving me something to 

        say to him!!


Rosie Seeing Alan mention my name in Australia was truly surreal. It’s like I live in his brain. He knows me even when he doesn’t see me. I don’t know it was weird but good. I have been truly blessed to have had so many personal encounters; very special indeed.


No comments: